WHAT IS A CO-OP?
A cooperative business is voluntarily owned by the people who use it and operates for the benefit of its members as well as the local community. Placerville Food Co-op is owned and operated by local community members like you! Anyone can shop at the Co-op.
Your dollars directly support our local economy. Become a member and join a community focused on bettering our food system..
PLACERVILLE FOOD CO-OP PROVIDES:
- A full-service Deli department with breakfast, lunch and dinner
- A large Wellness department
- The only food co-operative in El Dorado County
- Clear and reliable labeling of products
- Support for local, organic, independent food producers Community awareness and events
- A gathering place for like-minded people.
WHEN YOU SHOP THE CO-OP
Your ownership dollars provide the Co-op with working capital, which every business needs!
Your regular shopping at the Co-op contributes to working capital and makes the Co-op, and our community, stronger!
Your Co-op dollars stay here!