Placerville Food Co-op is a consumer co-op, owned by our customers and managed democratically. A cooperative business is voluntarily owned by the people who use it and operates for the benefit of its members as well as the local community. Placerville Food Co-op is owned and operated by local community members like you! Anyone can shop at the co-op.
You don’t have to be a member to shop at the Co-op, but the majority of our customers are members. As a member you not only get the products and services you want at a discount, you have a say in the business decisions your cooperative makes.
In addition, like many co-operative grocery stores, Placerville Food Co-op puts a strong emphasis on community, supporting local businesses and sourcing from local farmers and producers every chance we get. From [example] to [example], we bring you Placerville’s most delicious and sustainable products. We also offer small financial and in-kind donations to a variety of local community groups through our Community Donations Program.
When you shop at the co-op, your dollars directly support our local economy. Become a member today and join a community focused on delivering better food.
As a member of Placerville Food Co-op, you receive the following benefits:
- Owner discount day – Get 10% off your purchase on the 10th of every month.
- Case discounts – Receive 10% off on most cases/bulk items.
- Education discounts – Members receive a discount on select co-op classes and workshops.
- Food Hub pricing – Access to our “Food Hub” business-to-business pricing.
- Volunteer discount – Earn an additional one-month 10% discount for every 4 hours of volunteer service.
- Small business promotion – Small business members earn a free listing in our small business directory and placement in our indoor business card caddy.
- Senior Sunday discounts – Members aged 62 and above get discounts every Sunday.
- Dividends – In profitable years we pay a patronage dividend.
In addition to monetary benefits, members are invited to join us for the following events:
- Attend monthly board meetings to learn about the state of the co-op
- Free annual owners meeting in October (luncheon and info)
Democracy in Action
As an owner/member, you have the opportunity to help co-create your co-op:
- Help steer the co-op by running for a seat on the board of directors
- Vote for board of directors members in our election held annually in October
We value your input and encourage you to take an active role in making Placerville Food Co-op. Join us today!