Placerville Food Co-op is a consumer co-op, owned by our customers and managed democratically. A cooperative business is voluntarily owned by the people who use it and operates for the benefit of its members as well as the local community. Placerville Food Co-op is owned and operated by local community members like you! Anyone can shop at the co-op.
You don’t have to be an owner to shop at the Co-op, but the majority of our customers are owners. As an owner, you not only get the products and services you want at a discount, you have a say in the business decisions your cooperative makes.
In addition, like many co-operative grocery stores, Placerville Food Co-op puts a strong emphasis on community, supporting local businesses and sourcing from local farmers and producers every chance we get. From Cool Mushroom Farm to 24Carrot Farm, we bring you Placerville’s most delicious and sustainable products. We also offer small financial and in-kind donations to a variety of local community groups through our Community Donations Program.
When you shop at the co-op, your dollars directly support our local economy. Become a member today and join a community focused on delivering better food.
As a member of Placerville Food Co-op, you receive the following benefits:
- Owner discount day – Get 10% off your purchase on the 10th of every month.
- Case discounts – Receive 10% off on most cases/bulk items.
- Education discounts – Owners receive a discount on select co-op classes and workshops.
- Food Hub pricing – Access to our “Food Hub” business-to-business pricing.
- Small business promotion – Owners who own a small business earn a free listing in our small business directory and placement in our indoor business card caddy.
- Senior Sunday discounts – Owners aged 62 and above get discounts every Sunday.
- Dividends – In profitable years we pay a patronage dividend.
In addition to monetary benefits, owners are invited to join us for the following events:
- Attend monthly board meetings to learn about the state of the co-op
- Annual owners meeting in October
Democracy in Action
As an owner, you have the opportunity to help co-create your co-op:
- Help steer the co-op by running for a seat on the board of directors
- Vote for Board of Directors members in our election held annually in October
We value your input and encourage you to take an active role in making Placerville Food Co-op. Join us today!